The novel innuPREP Virus DNA/RNA Kit-IPC16 is an extraction kit for isolating viral DNA and RNA at the same time and from the same sample. When used in conjunction with the InnuPure C16 touch, the kit is suitable for an exceptionally wide variety of starting materials.
- Preparation of up to 200 μl, 400 μl and even 600 μl serum, plasma and other cell-free body fluids
- Automation for ideal reproducibility
- Improvement of qPCR results: win up to 1.7 Ct values
- Sensitive protocols for optimized yields
- Reduce false negative findings in COVID-19 testing
- Extraction time is approximately 75 minutes
The kit contains carrier nucleic acids so researchers can perform internal extraction control to prevent false-negative findings. The system automatically processes up to 16 samples in pre-filled Reagent Strips/Plates. In addition to internal lysis, the viral nucleic acids are bound to magnetic and/or paramagnetic particles, washed and then eluted. The sealed Reagent Plastic and the piercing feature of the InnuPure C16 touch effectively prevent cross-contamination among samples. Manual prep steps are reduced as well, which minimizes contact between users and infectious materials.
Starting materials include swab samples, serum, plasma, cell-free bodily fluids, cell culture supernatants, stool sampels.